What are Mesenchymal Stem Cells?
Medical research shows that MSCs are also able to differentiate into many other cells types which are not skeletal cells, such as nerve cells, cardiac muscle cells, liver cells and endothelial cells which build the inner surface of blood vessels.
Manufacturing the Medicinal Product - MSCs
The complicated process of manufacturing the medicinal products takes places in the Laboratory of Cell Engineering of Polish Stem Cell Bank S.A based on the approval issued by the Chief Pharmaceutical Inspector.
The Polish Stem Cell Bank (PBKM – Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych) as the only in the country owns the prestigious accreditation od AABB (American Association of Blood Banks). PBKM as the only non-governmental institution in Poland achieved the positive decision of Chief Pharmaceutical Inspector for manufacturing the unique medicinal product: mesenchymal stem cells from Wharton Jelly. It is the only cell bank in Poland which not only stores the frozen cells but according to the law, it can manufacture (grow) them especially for a Patient, and after the approval prepares it for the transplantation. The procedure takes places in Central Laboratory of PBKM – biggest lab in Middle Europe specialising in umbilical cord blood preparation.
In November 2014 the first applications of the mesenchymal stem cells in Patients with autism and ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) took place. MSCs therapy is a great innovative, experimental method, being still at the clinical research stage, but showing very positive outcomes in Patient treatment.
Mesenchymal stem cells treatment is available as the medical experiment, focused on the delay of the disease progression through the damaged neurones regeneration, which can lead to the relieve of the disease symptoms in a Patient.
Mesenchymal stem cells have the immunosuppressive and immunomodulating effect.
Implantation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Sources of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Therapeutic use of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Since November 2014 the medicinal therapeutic experiment was attended by patients with these disease entities in the field of neurology and ophthalmology:
- Treatment of autism with mesenchymal stem cells
- Treatment of Motor Neuron Disease
- Treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) with mesenchymal stem cells
- Treatment of Muscular Dystrophy with mesenchymal stem cells
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis with mesenchymal stem cells:
- Ataxia Treatment with mesenchymal stem cells:
- Treatment of Spinal muscular atrophy with mesenchymal stem cells:
- Treatment of optic neuropathy with mesenchymal stem cells:
- Optic nerve Hypoplasia treatment with mesenchymal stem cells:
- Treatment of Stargardt Disease with mesenchymal stem cells:
- Treatment of the Demyelinating Optic Nerve Damage with mesenchymal stem cells
Stem Cells Therapy for Diabetes type 1 – Now also available therapies for Diabetics type 1.
Since January 2021 we have also resumed the qualification of Patients suffering from the Pulmonary Fibrosis. If you are looking for a Pulmonary Fibrosis Stem Cells Treatment please contact us via the contact form.
Stem Cells Therapy for Post-Covid 19 Syndrome (with complications).
If you are suffering from the Post COVID Syndrome with complications, you can now apply for the mesenchymal stem cells treatment (it is an experimental therapy).
Documents required for qualification:
- Hospital treatment information cards that confirm a past COVID-19
- HRCT, Gasometry, Spirometry – not older than 3 months
- Morphology, CRP, creatinine, electrolytes (current)
Mesenchymal Stem Cells treatment safety
Patient qualification for the treatment
After Patient qualification for the MSCs Therapy –on behalf of the Patient, Clinic applies to the Commission of the Bioethics, in the Medical Chambers in Czestochowa.
At this stage, patients are waiting for the approval of the application by the Commission of Bioethics.
In the case of successful application, the Patient is contacted to provide information regarding:
- The terms of injections
- Estimated costs of therapy (it depends on age, health and other factors)
- Required additional testing
- Other additional information
– Head of the administration department in the Clinic
– Members of the research team on behalf of the Polish Center for Cell Therapy and Immunotherapy:
– Members of the research team in the name of the Polish Stem Cell Bank:
– Patient Coordinators