(Bridges, Tooth Bridge, Replacing the missing tooth, Dental Bridges Abroad, Dental treatment in Poland)
1. What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a construction which works as a bridge between one or more teeth to fill the gap. It is usually made on two crowns fixed on each tooth on two sides of the gap. The name of these pillar teeth is “abutment”. The artificial teeth in the middle are called pontics and can be supported by natural, prepared teeth or by the dental implants. Bridges are made from the same materials as crowns, can be golden, porcelain or metal.
2. What are the benefits of dental bridge?
- Aesthetical matter – your perfect smile with no gaps will be restored.
- The correct shape of your face is maintained
- Other teeth are prevented from moving out of position
- Forces in your mouth are distributed properly when chewing.
- You can properly chew all foods types
- You can speak clearly
3. What are the types of dental bridges?
- Traditional bridges – consists of two or more crowns, which keep it in place. Usually made from porcelain on metal or ceramics.
- Cantilever bridges – this type of bridge is used when there are teeth left only on one side of the missing one.
- Maryland bridges – are supported by a metal framework with special metal wings, which are bonded to your natural teeth. Used mostly to replace front teeth.
To create a dental bridge steps are equal as with crowns. First, the abutment is prepared then impressions are made. You will get a temporary bridge after the first visit, and the proper one will be cemented when everything will fit perfectly.
4. How long will the dental bridge last?
The dental bridge usually lasts up to 10 years, depending on the oral hygiene, mouth and other teeth condition.