Qualification and Diagnosis (your medical results should not be older than 1-2 months)
- Prostate MRI
- Very high efficacy in prostate cancer treatment!
- Mostly painless procedure
- IRE therapy in prostate cancer does not cause side effects as impotence, it does not affect urethra.
- The tissues reparation process lasts shorter than two weeks
- The destroyed tissues are absorbed by the body during several weeks
- No thermal effect that could influence negatively other tissues as well as it’s selectivity, which allows avoiding damage to structures adjacent to the tumour ( blood vessels, lymph vessels, nerves, muscles, and collagen fibres)
Carcinoma of the prostate
The prostate tumour is located in the male gland in the reproductive system. It is usually a slow-growing tissue change and the diagnosis in the early stage gives a chance for full recovery. Initially, it may cause no symptoms but in later stages, the prostate tumour can lead to problems with urinating, hematuria or pain in the pelvis. On the appearance of the disease, the following factors have an impact: age over 50 years, family history of this type of cancer, race, high processed diet, red meat. Prostate cancer is diagnosed by a biopsy or an MRI scan.
Treatment of the prostate cancer is changing since Doctors can locate the tumour with the 5 mm margin precision. Usually, chemotherapy or radiotherapy was used, but this affected the whole body of the Patient. Now the new method of IRE – irreversible electroporation is used – the prostate cancer tissue is exposed to the energy volume with the maintenance of contiguous tissues.
NanoKnife is a very precise medical device. It administers high voltage energy into prostate tissue. Usually, 3-4 needles surround the tumour. Changes in the membrane potential of the cell wall crush holes in it. This micro-holes called porations cause the death of tumour cells – apoptosis. The treatment does not require extremely high temperatures as in other methods. It works on the unique ablation technology.
The procedure takes about 45 minutes and it is mostly painless. The tissues surrounding tumour might be swollen – Patient will need a catheter for 3 days afterwards.
After a week up to 10 days, an MRI is scheduled to see if the tissue has been destroyed utterly (cancer tumour and a margin).
Remember that in cancer-fighting the most important thing is an early detection and a proper treatment.