About NanoKnife IRE prostate cancer treatment in Poland – facts, price and information. Low-invasive prostate cancer therapy.
Quick facts about NanoKnife prostate cancer treatment abroad (in Poland):
|Benefits||Avoiding urinary disorders, maintaining sexual ability, possibility of full recovery|
|Stay in the clinic||2 days|
|Stay in Poland – Comfort Package||5 days|
|Follow up||next day, 7 days|
|Back to work time (office)||1 week|
|Full recovery time||2 weeks|
|Approximate Package||40000 PLN (~8400GBP) including consultation and airport transfer, the exact cost can only be stated by the doctor after the detailed examination.|
The prostate tumour is located in the male gland in the reproductive system. It is usually a slow-growing tissue change and the diagnosis in the early stage gives a chance for full recovery. Initially, it may cause no symptoms, but in later stages, the prostate tumour can lead to problems with urinating, hematuria or pain in the pelvis. On the appearance of the disease, the following factors have an impact: age over 50 years, family history of this type of cancer, race, high processed diet, red meat. Prostate cancer is diagnosed by a biopsy or an MRI scan.
Treatment of the prostate cancer is changing since Doctors can locate the tumour with the 5 mm margin precision. Usually, chemotherapy or radiotherapy was used, but this affected the whole body of the Patient. Now the new method of IRE – irreversible electroporation is used – the prostate cancer tissue is exposed to the energy volume with the maintenance of contiguous tissues.
NanoKnife is a very precise medical device. It administers high voltage energy into prostate tissue. Usually, 3-4 needles surround the tumour. Changes in the membrane potential of the cell wall crush holes in it. This micro-holes called porations cause the death of tumour cells – apoptosis. The treatment does not require extremely high temperatures as in other methods. It works on the unique ablation technology.
The procedure takes about 45 minutes, and it is mostly painless. The tissues surrounding tumour might be swollen – Patient will need a catheter for 3 days afterwards.
After a week up to 10 days, an MRI is scheduled to see if the tissue has been destroyed utterly (cancer tumour and a margin).
Remember that in cancer-fighting the most important thing is an early detection and proper treatment.
Qualification for the Prostate Cancer NanoKnife IRE treatment procedure:
Qualification criteria for NanoKnife prostate cancer low-invasive surgery: (irreversible electroporation using the NanoKnife system)
In order to perform the prior qualification, Patients are kindly asked to send:
- full medical documentation with a current diagnosis,
- the result of histopathological examination of the prostate cancer,
- the result of the PET / MRI / PSMA / FUSION study or test results
imaging: Magnetic resonance imaging of the pelvis (incl prostate), CT of the abdominal cavity – paper version of the description and a CD, ultrasound examination – TRUS – the result can not be older than 3 months, lungs X-ray,
- a certificate/paper from a cardiologist confirming the absence of a pacemaker and no contraindications for a general anaesthesia
- list of currently taken medicines and their dosage
- past or present coexisting diseases
- Hepatitis “B” vaccination informationAfter arriving in the Medical Center Klara, before the NanoKnife prostate cancer treatment, additional urological, cardiological, anesthesiological consultation will take place as well as necessary laboratory tests.
(carcinoma of the prostate low invasive treatment, prostate cancer treatment privately – Poland)
Quick Free Consultation - Send Enquiry for NanoKnife IRE
Featured Clinic - Private Hospital KLARA
KLARA Medical Center is a modern facility offering comprehensive medical services with the focus on innovative cancer treatment with NanoKnife IRE Angiodynamics device and with a specially designed hospital ward for Stem Cells Therapy where sclerosis lateral amyotrophic (SLA) is treated with mesenchymal stem cells.
Dr Zeon Rudzki
NanoKnife prostate cancer treatment specialist
Degrees and Education
Doctor of Medicine (general surgery, urology)
- General surgeon – since 1976 (Medical University of Bialystok)
- 1974 – Doctoral Studies in the Department of Pathology in Bialystok
- 1976 – First specialisation in general surgery
- 1986 – Second specialisation in urology
Fields of medical interest: non-invasive and minimal-invasive prostate treatments, ProstaLund method, NanoKnife IRE method.
- Practised in Lund (Uppsala, Sweden), Goteborg (Sweden), Chicago (USA)
- Takes part in international medical congresses organized by European Urological Association, American Urological Association, Societe Internationale de Urologie (1999 – 2015) in Washington, Anaheim, San Antonio, Chicago, Shanghai, Delhi, Berlin, Wien, Madrid, Roma, Barcelona, Prague, Stockholm, Stambul, Hong Kong, Kobenhavn, Singapur, Amsterdam.
- Member of the District Medical Chamber Częstochowa